3M™Adhesive Removeris ideal for the removal of adhesive residue or for surface preparation prior to use of adhesive and can be used for cleaning heavy oils, greases, silicone, tar and paraffinic materials such as Cosmoline™ and wax.
• FDA Listed Ingredient: The active ingredient is listed as GRAS, Generally Regarded As Safe at 21 CFR 182.20.
• Formulated to replace virtually all commonly used solvents in hand-wipe cleaning processes including: 1,1,1-trichloroethane, acetone, CFC-113, HCFC 141b, isopropyl alcohol (IPA), lacquer thinner, methylene chloride, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), methyl propyl ketone (MPK), mineral spirits, naphtha, stoddard solvents, toluene, xylene and others.
• Evaporates cleanly, leaving no/minimal (less than 1/10th %) non-volatile residue and exhibits a mild, pleasant citrus odor.
• 3M™ Adhesive Remover evaporates more slowly than the mentioned chemicals, which can result in substantially lower overall chemical use volume and the resulting VOC emissions. Also, rags and wipe-towels do not dry out as rapidly between uses and normally do not need to be as wet as with the highly volatile chemicals mentioned.
• Useful for cleaning and surface preparation prior to painting, bonding, coating or further processing of parts.