BA-98 Non-Skinning Butyl Sealant
BA-98 is a non-skinning, non-hardening, permanently flexible compound perfect to limit sound transmission for painted and aluminized steel panels manufactured on a roll forming machine, and to act as a vapor barrier for polyethylene vapor barrier films, wood, metal and foam boards. By remaining both permanently adhesive and flexible to all substrates, the BA-98 Non-Skinning Butyl Sealant maintains an airtight seal.
• Roof Panel Rib Sealant for painted and aluminized steel panels as manufactured on a roll forming machine.
• Vapor Barrier Sealant for polyethylene vapor barrier films, wood, concrete, metal and foam boards.
• Excellent for sealing roof drains and behind termination bar details for commercial roofing applications.
• Bedding Sealant for buck frame, threshold or bedding when applied to metal or glass surfaces.
• Curtainwall sealant to prevent air infiltration and water leakage.
Pecora BA-98 offers the following features –
• Excellent adhesion to multiple substrates including clean concrete, gypsum, metal, glass, plastic and wood surfaces without primer.
• Excellent gunn ability, even at low temperatures.
• Wide service temperature range. Remains flexible at extremely low temperatures (-40°F).
• Long term moisture barrier providing water resistance even under immersion conditions.
• Non-skinning, non-hardening, non-staining and non-bleeding.
• Maintains Sound Transmission Class (STC) values in rated wall systems.
• Permanently adhesive and flexible to all substrates.
• Does not require cleaning, pretreatment.